I thought that this would be an easy project, and be done in a couple of hours. Oh, how wrong I was!!
I had this idea that I wanted to make a mobile for the baby's room, and have it look sort of like this, but with less things and more colors. I busted out my Cricut, and made some fun shapes:
I also had this wreath form leftover from Christmas, so I thought that would be perfect. I'm now planning to make it thinner, and wrap it with white ribbon. Somehow, I will also affix some spokes through the center to hang more butterflies from.
I thought, Hmm... these things could use some....
2 hours later, I'd glittered most of the items, only to realize that they were now stuck to the newspaper. Oh, and the glitter did not look as even as I would have liked. So, I made some more clouds and leaves, and left the butterflies alone.
Yesterday, I started gluing ribbon to the pieces, only to discover that they were totally hanging wrong. GAH!! My new plan is to punch tiny holes in the center, and hang the pieces with some fishing line and a tiny bead on the end to secure it. This may be a few more days/week's worth of work....
Stay tuned for the final product!