In the midst of all the wedding crazy that could be going on around here, I've still managed to be somewhat crafty. A lot crafty, in fact. The other night, I put together the favors (envelopes of vegetable seeds), I painted and glittered a giant letter "L", made various fluffy lanterns, and these: After doing all 3 colors, I decided that I liked the green best with the bridesmaids' dresses, so that's what I made two more of. It was actually pretty easy, once I got past the fear of inhaling burning plastic fumes!
A basic tutorial is here (http://www.reesedixon.com/2009/03/organza-flowers.html#hcw), and that's pretty much what I did. I made a flower-esque shaped pattern, cut out many layers of it, and held them over a candle flame until they curled up. Then I sewed them together with silver beads for the inside of the flower.
I think they turned out really well!!